Student Organization Resources
- Groups can submit events to be run in the School of Engineering Newsletter and Digital Signage.
- Groups can submit events to run on the school's student organization events calendar: http://engr.ku.edu/activities.
- All meetings and events should be entered into Rock Chalk Central.
- Groups can also hang flyers on the bulletin boards around Engineering Complex.
***No flyers should be hung on painted surfaces or glass doors. If your group chooses to hang flyers they should be taken down no later than two days after the event.***
We want to help your group be successful in doing outreach activities and reward you for doing so. Engineering Student Organizations can earn money to go towards group projects by performing outreach activities.
You can either:
- Partner with Spark to do a Sparkology mini-camp. These generally take place on Saturday mornings from 10am-12pm. Sparkology FAQ's
- Spark will handle the marketing and registration.
- Your group will be responsible for creating the activity and staffing the event.
- Your group will need to have one group member for every three kids.
- Your activity should be interactive and have an educational outcome.
Apply to do a Sparkology mini-camp- the deadline to apply for fall is Sept. 1
See a sample application
- Submit an outreach event your group has arranged to be evaluated to receive compensation.
The general payment structure for performing outreach events will be $10/hr/volunteer.
The School of Engineering has Lego WeDo and Mindstorm kits available for checkout.
There is a limited amount of storage space available to groups that can be checked out on a yearly basis. Storage locations are in the old ESC office, lockers as you enter the first floor of Spahr library and the West Campus Project Space.
Lindsey McCaig, email@example.com for storage on West Campus.
- School of Engineering room reservation form
- List of reservable rooms
- Reserve a room in student group space, 1310 Spahr Library in the binder located in the student group conference room.
- Reserve space at the Kansas Union or DeBruce Center
- FAC funds request form
- FAC funding resources
- Student Senate Funding Guidelines
- Sofas Handbook
- Pepsi Product and Programming Requests