Registration is Closed
Jayhawks on the Job timeline
|Dec. 13 - 28||Open company selection|
|Jan. 10, 2018, 1:00 - 4:30pm||Jayhawks on the Job takes place|
Where is it? What is it?
Jayhawks on the Job is a career exploration event that allows engineering and computing students to “shadow” an industry professional for an afternoon. Students accompany their professional hosts throughout a normal workday afternoon. Hosts are encouraged to involve students in as many activities as possible. Because this is a career exploration program freshmen and sophomore students are given preference.
Jayhawks on the Job takes place at the selected employer’s location.
Students are responsible for providing their own transportation.
Who’s it for?
Jayhawks on the Job is a career exploration experience for engineering or computing students interested in:
- gaining experience that enhances their understanding of a particular field.
- learning more about themselves and refining their career goals.
- networking with engineering & computing professionals.
How does it work?
- Students should register and select a company. The deadline to register is Dec. 28.
- Based on the timeline above, students will be e-mailed instructions on how to select the company they want shadow with.
- After all company selection is complete on December 28, your information will be forwarded to the company you selected. The company will contact you directly with instructions for the day of the job shadow.
* This program is modeled after and somewhat similar to the KU School of Business job shadow program. We appreciate them allowing us to utilize their ideas and format.